Eleanor Wilner - Boulder
Oct 1, 2022, 7:00 pm
Reversing the Spell
VenueBoulder Community Center
351 North 100 West
Boulder , UT 84716-1329
Join the Cliff Notes Writing Conference at the Boulder Community Center for a special evening with acclaimed poet Eleanor Wilner.
Eleanor Wilner is the author of seven books of poetry, most recently Tourist in Hell, The Girl with Bees in Her Hair and Reversing the Spell: New and Selected Poems. She is co-editor, with Maurice Manning, of The Rag-Picker’s Guide to Poetry: Poems, Poets, and a book on visionary imagination and social/personal change, Gathering the Winds. Her poems appear in over 50 anthologies, including Best American Poetry 2014 and 2016, and her awards include a MacArthur Foundation Fellowship, the Juniper Prize, and three Pushcart Prizes. She is a lifelong activist for civil rights and peace.
A native of Cleveland, Ohio, she earned a Ph.D. at Johns Hopkins, and, believing that teaching and poetry are twinned arts, has taught nomadically over the past half-century at many colleges and universities, and perennially for the MFA Program for Writers at Warren Wilson College.
- ASL interpretation provided if requested. Email email@example.com to make the request.
- LIVESTREAM: https://sites.google.com/view/bouldercliffnotes/workshop
- Parking: There is parking at the front and north side of the building with a ramp on the north side which can be accessed from either parking area.
- Seating: All seating is on one level.
- Bathrooms: Two gendered restrooms, no family restroom available
- No on-site sensory kit
- Masks recommended
- Request any additional questions or accommodations here: https://forms.gle/uV8MABJVvh9bE42F8
This event is made possible with support from Cliff Notes Writing Conference and Utah Humanities]