Margaux Meganck - South Salt Lake
Oct 8, 2022, 12:00 pm
People are Wild!
South Salt Lake
Wasatch Front Region
VenueTracy Aviary - Jordan River Nature Center
1125 W 3300 S
(in James Madison Oxbow Park)
South Salt Lake , UT 84119-2529
The Tracy Aviary - Jordan River Nature Center is excited to host Margaux Meganck, author of People are Wild!!!
An inviting and inventive classic-in-the-making about learning to have compassion for every living thing, gorgeously illustrated by a rising star in the picture book world.
Wild creatures come in all shapes and sizes. They can be playful or loud or smelly or curious or cute—just like kids!
People Are Wild turns the tables and asks what animals think of us. We may not always see eye to eye, but the more we understand each other, the better we’re able to live in harmony.
- ASL interpretation provided if requested. Email email@example.com to make the request.
- LIVESTREAM available on @utahbookfest Instagram
- Parking: There are two accessible parking stalls/van parking stalls at the Nature Center with a curb cut leading up to the sidewalk by the Nature Center. The parking lot is seldom very busy. The walkways in the Jordan River Nature Center are paved cement The gate will be open at the start of the event and wheelchairs can easily come through the gate. There is a porch that is accessible via ramp.
- Seating: We will have a variety of different seating, including blue lounge chairs and folding chairs.
- Bathrooms: There are two bathrooms, one with a urinal and one without. Both are marked for all gender use. The bathrooms do not have an accessibility button, but inside they meet ADA requirements. Staff will be on sight to open bathroom doors if requested. The bathrooms are flat and do not require a ramp to enter.
- On-site sensory kit available. Ask Willy Palomo.
- Masks recommended
- Request any additional questions or accommodations here: https://forms.gle/uV8MABJVvh9bE42F8
This event is made possible with support from Tracy Aviary - Jordan River Nature Center, Utah Humanities, and Weller Book Works.