Romance Con: Love Song Workshop with Mel Soul and Zac Ivie
Sep 24, 2022, 12:00 pm
Orem Public Library is excited to host Romance Con. Singer/Songwriter Mel Soul and rapper Zac Ivie will break down the basics of writing a great love song. Come ready to blush, write, and swoon. Find us in the Sorenson Legacy Room.
Mel Soul is a singer and songwriter from Orem, UT. She has been vocally trained by vocal professionals Rebecca Chock and Mindy Pack. In 2009 she had the great opportunity singing with the Provo High School Chamber Singers for an exclusive concert at Carnegie Hall in New York City. 2012 was when her love of songwriting began. Since then she has worked with songwriter professionals Rich Parkinson, Shane Adams, Johnny London and most recently for a brief review of her work the well known accomplished singer and songwriter Natasha Bedingfield. Her goal as a songwriter and performer is to inspire her fans to love themselves to love everyone else.
Zac Ivie is a true veteran of the rapidly growing Salt Lake City hip-hop scene. You might have seen him opening up for the likes of Ghostface Killa, Talib Kweli, Hieroglyphics, or any one of your favorite rappers. Though most likely you have come across him posted up at local events, showing love and support to his community. There’s no question that the Salt Lake rapper is a workhorse. All within the last year that man has gotten engaged and bought a home, all while piecing an album together. Zac Ivie stays on his grind because he knows that’s what it takes. With that said, he is mindful of how difficult it is to remain confident in yourself. “We doubt ourselves so long, that one day you catch that break.” …. And when that happens you’re either on the train or off the train. And that’s the hardest part. Waking up everyday with your wins or your losses, and then still trying to play the game with the kind of boss attitude you need in this industry.” Says Zac..
-Tyki Rose + K-UTE Radio
- ASL interpretation provided if requested. Email email@example.com to make the request.
- No livestream will be made available
- Seating: There are 6 spaces for wheelchairs or motorized carts in the auditorium, as well as 4 other accessible seats.
- Bathrooms: The Library Hall has a men's room and women's room one accessible stall each. There are also two gender neutral/family bathrooms that are also accessible for people with disabilities.
- On-site sensory kit available. Ask Willy Palomo.
- No Mask Policy
- Request any additional questions or accommodations here: https://forms.gle/uV8MABJVvh9bE42F8
This program is made possible with support from Orem Public Library and Utah Humanities.
Orem Public Library
58 N State St
Orem , UT 84097-5569