Brigham City Schools: Jeremy Tankard
Sep 19, 2022, 7:00 pm
Join us at Brigham City Public Library to enjoy the fantastic stylings of Jeremy Tankard, author of Grumpy Bird.
Jeremy Tankard is the author and illustrator of some very silly picture books including the bestselling Grumpy Bird series (Grumpy Bird, Boo Hoo Bird, Hungry Bird and Sleepy Bird) and Me Hungry. His current projects include a couple of graphic novels with HarperCollins (Yorick and Bones, cowritten with his teenage daughter, Hermione). He has also illustrated books for other authors: Piggy Bunny by Rachel Vail; It’s a Tiger! by David Larochelle; Here Comes Destructorsaurus! by Aaron Reynolds; and Melvis and Elvis by iconic Canadian writer Dennis Lee.
The funny thing is, he never planned to be a writer. However, after many years of drawing pictures he decided that maybe adding some words to his art would be a nice thing to try. To his surprise he loved writing and it seemed to be a natural fit for his drawings. And to his even greater surprise those first books were bestsellers! The rest is history and he can’t imagine a life without stories.
Jeremy was born in Cape Town, South Africa but left at the age of four for a new life in the United States. After living in South Carolina, Kentucky and Tennessee, his family moved to Calgary, Alberta where he spent most of his school years, finally ending up at the Alberta College of Art and Design. After a few years in Toronto he now resides, with his family, in Vancouver.
When not making books he enjoys hiking, guitar playing, kung fu, apple pie and french fries (but not together – that would be weird).
- ASL interpretation provided by 5-star interpretation
- Registration is required to access the events. One registration will give you the link for all of the Brigham City Library’s Book Festival events. Please register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_p-9c6RGCSGCT9xq_ZN0SPw
- Parking: Two accessible parking stalls are available in front of the building. Buttons are available to assist with opening of the doors at the entry. An elevator is available to access the lower level of the library where Festival events will be held.
- Seating: Chairs will be set-up by staff in advance, but all chairs are moveable and can be removed or changed out for an alternate chair.
- Bathrooms: Two restrooms are available, marked 'men' and 'women'. These restrooms are for patron use as best fits each person's identity. Each restroom has one stall that is wheelchair accessible and has safety bars.
- On-site sensory kit available. Ask Willy Palomo.
- No mask policy
- Request any additional questions or accommodations here: https://forms.gle/uV8MABJVvh9bE42F8
This event is made possible with support from Brigham City Public Library and Utah Humanities.
Brigham City Public Library
26 E Forest St
Brigham City , UT 84302-2112