Supernatural Lore of Southern Utah with Darren Edwards
Sep 23, 2022, 6:00 pm
The Book Bungalow is excited to host Darren Edwards, author of The Supernatural Lore of Southern Utah.
From the fanciful and revelatory to the horrifying and sorrowful, the folklore of southern Utah hints at a complex history. Whether spiritual or spooky, homegrown legends are a window to understanding local culture. Visit Grafton, Utah's most haunted ghost town. Explore what haunts Southen Utah University in Cedar City, the St. George Temple and Touquerville's "murder house." Learn about skinwalkers and the theft of Native American beliefs. Examine the numerous urban legends surrounding Route 666, "The Devil's Highway." Uncover the secrets of the Mountain Meadows Massacre and the curse of Escalante Petrified Forest. Drawing on information from more than two hundred interviews, Darren M. Edwards investigates the tales and myths that permeate and persist in Utah communities throughout red rock country.
- ASL interpretation by request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Livestream on Book Bungalow Facebook
- Parking: We have the Green Gate Village parking lot (which is gravel) accessible from Tabernacle Street or 100 West; for those in wheelchairs it would be best to park on either Tabernacle Street or 100 West or in the Justice Center parking lot at 33 North off of 100 West. Those who park on Tabernacle can either approach the store from the front (though there are steps both to the walkway and up to our front porch) or from the driveway to the side of the store on 100 West where they will find a wheelchair ramp to our back entrance. And we have a portable wheelchair ramp allowing access up into the main floor of the store from the back cash counter.
- Seating: pace for people with wheelchairs is available.
- Bathrooms: We have public bathrooms in Green Gate Village in the northeast corner across the courtyard.
- On-site sensory kit available.
- No mask policy
- Request any additional questions or accommodations here: https://forms.gle/uV8MABJVvh9bE42F8
This event is made possible with support from Book Bungalow and Utah Humanities.
94 Tabernacle St
St George , UT 84770-3420
Tanya Parker Mills