On My Way Home Launch Celebration
Sep 21, 2022, 7:00 pm
Join the creative team of On My Way Home for a celebration of a new alternate reality game about Utah’s queer literary figures. On My Way Home follows Xristy, a recently unsheltered trans Latina on her journey to reconcile herself with her home and identity.
Along the way, she makes friends with the ghosts of some of Utah's greatest LGBTQ+ literary figures and learns the hidden history of queer survival and thriving in Utah.
Poetry by Willy Palomo, Nan Seymour, and Enan Whitby
Puzzles by RJ Walker
Art by Cass Webb
Presentation by Connell O'Donovan
To play the game, read the first scene here: Link to be provided soon.
Follow Xristy on her quests and help her complete her tasks. As you solve puzzles and answer crucial questions, the story will begin to reveal itself to you.
- ASL interpretation by 5-star interpretation
- Livestream available @utahbookfest on Instagram
- Parking: Right next to Old Greek Town Trax stop. Parking available in the driveway immediately south of the store. There are two disabled parking spots next to the south door. There is more parking is you keep following the driveway.
- Seating: Folding chairs. Space for people with wheelchairs is available.
- Bathrooms: Single stall bathroom available.
- On-site sensory kit available. Ask for Sara Gonzales or Willy Palomo
- Masks required.
- Request any additional questions or accommodations here: https://forms.gle/uV8MABJVvh9bE42F8
This project was made possible with support from Under the Umbrella and Utah Humanities.
Under the Umbrella
511 W 200 S STE 120
Salt Lake City , UT 84101-1343