Cliff Notes Writing Conference presents David Lee
Sep 29, 2022, 7:00 pm
Join the Cliff Notes Writing Conference at the Boulder Community Center for a special evening with acclaimed poet David Lee.
Since the publication of his first books of poem, the Porcine Legacy in 1974, David Lee’s unique force has touched and inspired people from a variety of locations, background and ages, including hundreds of students and aspiring writers. A Texas native, Dave studied in the seminary for the ministry, was a boxer, is a decorated Army veteran, played semiprofessional baseball as the only white player to ever play for the Negro League Post Texas Blue Stars and was a knuckleball pitcher for the South Plains Texas League Hubbers, he raised hogs, worked as a laborer in a cotton mill, earned a Ph.D. with a specialty in the poetry of John Milton and retired after 32 years of teaching at Southern Utah University, serving for many of those years as the Chairman of the Department of Language and Literature.
Dave was named Utah’s first Poet Laureate in 1997 serving in this capacity until 2002. Hi 1999 collection News From Down to the Café was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize. In 2001, he was chosen as a finalist for United States Poet Laureate. Dave has written 22 books, the most reason, Rusty Barbed Wire, a book of his selected poems.
- ASL interpretation provided if requested. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to make the request.
- LIVESTREAM: https://sites.google.com/view/bouldercliffnotes/workshop
- Parking: There is parking at the front and north side of the building with a ramp on the north side which can be accessed from either parking area.
- Seating: All seating is on one level.
- Bathrooms: Two gendered restrooms, no family restroom available
- No on-site sensory kit
- Masks recommended
- Request any additional questions or accommodations here: https://forms.gle/uV8MABJVvh9bE42F8
This event is made possible with support from Cliff Notes Writing Conference and Utah Humanities.
Boulder Community Center
351 North 100 West
Boulder , UT 84716-1329