SMITHSONIAN EXHIBITION | Crossroads
Rural Utah at the Crossroads | 2023-2024 Utah tour of the Smithsonian exhibition CROSSROADS: CHANGE IN RURAL AMERICA
CROSSROADS: CHANGE IN RURAL AMERICA is a traveling exhibition from the Smithsonian Institution's Museum on Main Street program that provokes fresh thinking and sparks conversations about the future and sustainability of rural communities. Crossroads offers small towns a chance to look at their own paths over the past century – to highlight the changes that affected their fortunes and explore how they have adapted.
Utah Humanities is touring Crossroads to eight Utah communities from September 2023 to December 2024. Community organizations will partner with us to host the exhibition and connect their local stories through companion exhibits and programming. Stay tuned to learn how you can participate!
COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU!
- September 16 to October 29, 2023 | North Summit Unite in partnership with Summit County History Department, Coalville
- November 4, 2023 to January 14, 2024 | Wasatch County Library, Heber
- January 20 to March 3, 2024 | Utah State University Eastern, Price
- March 9 to April 28, 2024 | Silver Reef Museum, Leeds
- May 4 to June 23, 2024 | Brigham City Museum of Art & History, Brigham City
- June 29 to August 18, 2024 | John Wesley Powell River History Museum, Green River
- August 24 to October 13, 2024 | MT Hurst Foundation in partnership with Utah State University Blanding, Blanding
- October 19 to December 15, 2024 | Granary Art Center in partnership with Snow College Library, Ephraim
To learn more about the exhibition, visit the Smithsonian Crossroads page or watch the preview video. For more information, please contact Megan van Frank at Utah Humanities | vanfrank @ utahhumanities.org
Crossroads: Change in Rural America is made possible in Utah by Utah Humanities. Crossroads is part of Museum on Main Street, a collaboration between the Smithsonian Institution and State Humanities Councils nationwide. Support for Museum on Main Street has been provided by the United States Congress.
Many thanks to our vital partners and generous funders for their support of Crossroads: Change in Rural America.